Associate Professor, Department of Art History
Interim Director of Graduate Studies
Adjunct Associate Professor, Spanish and Potuguese
Office hours: Mondays 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. or by appointment
Ph.D. University of Toronto
- Southern European art of the fifteenth to seventeenth centuries
- Art and the Counter-Reformation
- The civic politics of religious art
- Velázquez and Italian art theory
- The Late Paintings of Velázquez : Theorizing Painterly Performance, Ashgate Publishing, 2009.
- "The Colleoni Chapel in Bergamo and the Politics of Urban Space" (Journal of the Society of Architectural History, 2001).
- "The Unified Church Interior in Baroque Italy: S. Maria Maggiore in Bergamo" (Art Bulletin, 2000).
- College Arts & Humanities Institute, Indiana University, Fellowship, Spring 2007
- National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowship, 2004-05
Courses Recently Taught
- FINA A102, Renaissance through Modern Art
- FINA A332, Sixteenth- and Seventeenth-Century Art in Southern Europe
- FINA A335, Baroque Art in Italy, 1580-1700
- FINA A436 Italian Art of the Fifteenth Century
- FINA A432/A532 Italian Art of the Sixteenth Century
- FINA A634 – Problems in Italian Art of the 16th Century: Renaissance Venice
- FINA A635 Problems in Italian Art of the 17th Century: From Caravaggio to Velázquez: Art and Art Writing in Seventeenth-Century Europe
- FINA A639 Problems in 7th-Century Art outside Italy: Diego Velázquez